She gave me free reign over what to make, and after debating for a while I came up with this:
I used the great pattern by Latifah Saafir from Craftsy. Well written, easy to follow. The only thing I did wrong was that I forgot to change the printer settings. So what should have been a 12 inch clamshell turned out to be only 10 inches. Needless to say, it was too small for a single bed and I had to add the white border. I like how it turned out anyway.
I raided my Denyse Schmidt stash for this quilt. Mainly it's from the first DS quilts collection for Joann's, togehter with some Flea Market Fancy. I just added a white and pink polka dots fabric from my stash.
It's quilted with Aurifil 2415 in 40 wt. That's a light pink that matches nicely. For the quilting, I just echoed the clamshells. The border is quilted in arches.
And look at that, I even made round corners! I thought that fits nicely with the overall curves theme of the quilt...
For now, it lives on our guest bed until my mother-in-law comes visiting in a few weeks. Here's hoping she'll like it!