Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Trip down memory lane

15 years ago I spent a year studying abroad in Aberystwyth, Wales. I know I it sounds like a cliche, but this was one of the best years of my life. I met a lot of new people, some of whom I'm still friends with, I learned horseback riding, I partied a lot and studied a bit.
This spring, my former roommate suggested we take a trip down memory lane. And last week, we did!

It was strange and also a bit surreal, a lot has changed in 15 years. But a lot has also stayed the same, and throughout this trip there was a lot "I remember this and that..."


This used to be my house, 1st floor on the right, and yes, we were right on the promenade and had the best sea view ever!



We also headed north and visited Harlech and Caenarfon Castle:



And swung by Will's house on the way back:

Shakespeare's birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon

I'm grateful for a husband and a mother-in-law who made this trip possible for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment