Thursday, June 11, 2015

HST sampler quilt - a finish

Last Saturday, I got into a sewing frenzy. I needed to finish my Half Square Triangle Sampler quilt since I had to drop it off on Monday and Saturday was the only free day. Thankfully, I did not meet any glitches along the way and got it finished just in time!


This quilt will be raffled off in two weeks at my kids' school party. The school celebrates its 20th birthday, and all the money from the raffle will go to a school project in Peru. All the parents were asked to give some prizes. And while others contributed a night in their chalet in the Swiss alps or a sailing trip on their yacht across the lake (no kidding!), our means are a bit smaller so a quilt was the natural choice. 

I quilted this with Aurifil 40 wt in white. The solid is Kona Snow. You can't really see from this photo, but I also made the binding in the same fabric (a first for me!).


For the back, I used this somewhat psychedelic print from IKEA. I do not have a quilt shop close by, and I needed the fabric fast, so ordering was not an option and IKEA the only choice.

I hope it will find a new home with someone who is able to appreciate something handmade...

I'm linking this finish up with crazy mom quilts for Finish it up Friday!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kerstin! I hope also this quilt finds a good home because it is gorgeus! Beautiful simple pattens and lovely colours with white! I love also the triangle borders! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute quilt! I'm sure it will be a popular item! Kat @ katandcatquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute quilt! I'm sure it will be a popular item! Kat @ katandcatquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful! I love the colors and the borders on the top and bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this, including the back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kerstin,
    Your quilt did find a good home. I am a quilter myself and my daughter won your quilt during the DSG raffle. She cuddles up under the quilt every night and just loves it. It replaces her very worn baby quilt which she outgrew by now. Thanks for making this beautiful quilt.
    Warmly,
    Maren Ullmann

    ReplyDelete