Monday, March 2, 2015

Pineapple pillow

Sometimes I see a photo on flickr, pinterest or instagram and my first thought is "I have to try this". After seeing so many pineapple quilts lately, I decided to give it a try. I opted for the paper piecing method, because I knew if I attempt that without the foundation it will turn out all wonky. And I also knew that I will never, ever have the patience for a whole quilt, so a pillow it was.


 This pillow was supposed to be for the next round of the German speaking swap on flickr the wonderful Aylin is hosting. But round 6 is an all secret kind of affair, with no photos beforehand. I did not think about this when I posted a shot of the first block on instagram. And it looks so good on my sofa, I decided to make another one for the swap and just keep this.


The back is a little less busy than the front...

I'm linking this up with the Monday Makers. Check out Susannes brand new blog...

5 comments:

  1. Ein wundervolles Kissen! Das muss ich auch irgendwann mal ausprobieren :-) Das hätte ich beim Swap mit Sicherheit favorisiert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ein wundervolles Kissen! Das muss ich auch irgendwann mal ausprobieren :-) Das hätte ich beim Swap mit Sicherheit favorisiert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Das Kissen hätte ich auch behalten. Es ist einfach wunderbar. Bisher hat das Pineapple-Muster mich nicht so furchtbar interessiert, aber mit deinem Kissen ändert sich meine Einstellung gerade...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Das ist richtig toll geworden. Und ich kann total verstehen warum du nur ein Kissen machst. Papier ausreißen finde ich auch seeeehr unschön ;)
    LG
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete