Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Bee on time

I've been doing a little bee block sewing over the last few weeks. I did manage to sneak in a few minutes here and there, and slowly worked my way through one bee at the time (I'm part of three at the moment).

First up, my blocks for The Beehive quilts.  In this bee, we sew from our stash.


I made two of the Chainlink blocks for Siobhan because I wasn't so happy with my color combo at first, but now that I see them together, it's not all that bad. So I'm hoping they'll fit in nicely with the rest of the blocks.


The Wanta Fanta block for Britta was great fun. She requested blue, teal and dark pink. I'm good with the blue and teal, but the dark pink was a challenge. Not a lot of that in my stash!

Next up, Friends with Additions. This is a travelling bee where everyone sent out a started block and the other bees have to come up with an addition. Sadly, one quilt was lost in the mail, so everyone set out to recreate their blocks. This is my addition.


The fabric is not exactly the same, but it comes pretty close.

And finally, Bee Germany.

Susanne let us test her new pattern. This was great fun. It's fast and jelly roll friendly. And she did sent out beautiful fabric...


Ulrike is this month' queen bee. Normally, I tend to be a bit behind in my bee schedule, but since I was the last one to mail her blocks last year, I wanted to be the first one this year...


Since it's Tuesday, I'll link up with Alyce from Blossom Heart Quilts for Sew Cute Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment