Friday, February 13, 2015

Triangles

So, we are two and a half month into 2015, and I just realized that this is my first blog post. Oops, how did that happen? But then I haven't really been sewing so much lately. But I did manage to finish my first quilt of this year a few days ago.


I am really pleased to say that all the fabric for this quilt is coming from my stash. It's mostly leftovers from a Kona Cotton Poseidon bundle, together Charcoal, Iron, Grass Green and Orange.


The back is mainly Kona Cotton Pacific with leftover triangles.


It's quilted with Aurifil 2846. And it will be a big surprise for my younger son, who comes back from vacation with the grandparents tomorrow and who had asked for a new quilt for quite a while now.

Have a nice weekend! Linking up with TGIFF and crazy mom quilts.

7 comments:

  1. I love triangles! I am sure your son will love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt. I bet your son will be SO excited; I did a similar thing for my daughter one year when she came home from a week at campl. Also, I have a triangle quilt like THIS one on my to-do list (have done 60 degree triangles for several Stack 'n Whack quilts) but love the look of this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Schön ist der geworden und die Rückseite ist auch so toll! Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are back! And what a great quilt to come back with! Love that colour palette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it makes you feel any better, we are only one and a half months into 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I do LOVE triangle quilts and yours is no exception, Kerstin! Great colours with the contrasting blue/green and orange combo. Love that backing and the orange binding really frames this beauty perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a sucker for a great triangle quilt, and yours is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete