Monday, December 29, 2014

25/2014: A Cargo Christmas

Hey, long time no see here...

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. We had a few relaxing days at home, and we even have snow since last Friday. Wow, I can't remember when that happened!

I was able to finish one handmade Christmas present this year, despite suffering from a sprained wrist and severe whiplash thanks to a car accident. Yeah, our new car, only four weeks old, is totally damaged thanks to the idiot behind me who forgot to break. But that's a different story and let's just say it's only a car and yes, it will cost money, but other than that, I'm well and I guess I was lucky.

Back to the present: My mother-in-law retired this past summer, and since then, she has done quite a bit of travelling. So I thought it would be a good idea to give her a new travel tote. I made Noodlehead's Cargo Duffle with Denyse Schmidt fabric.


I've had this fabric for a while, it's a heavy, canvas-like quality, and it worked really well for this project. I've read online that some people thought this pattern has it's difficulties, but I thought it's well written and easy to follow.


I was a bit afraid of attaching the binding inside, but I used wonder clips to hold it in place and that worked like a charm.


I had a hard time giving it away, I have to be honest. So I guess I just have to make another one now for myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment