Friday, October 24, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Fall 2014

The quilt I'm gonna enter for Blogger's Quilt Festival this Fall took a long time to make. It's actually a bee quilt, with two bees working on it (thanks again to all from the San Diego Modern Quilt Guild and the Bee Germany who had a hand in this!). I think all in all it was a two year project.


I've always wanted to make a wheel of fortune quilt. I made a test block and realized I need to piece it on paper if this should be halfway accurate. So I made my own template, took a lot of scraps and Kona Snow and sent it out to my fellow bees. I also asked them to substitute some of my scraps with their own to make it more diverse.


 The quilting took me a whole sewing weekend. I'm not gonna lie, it was a pain in the butt. But I really wanted it to mirror the blocks, so I just bit the bullet.


The polka dots on the back were donated by my co-worker. And since she had a baby two month ago, I conveniently had a gift for her. And no, it was not hard to give this one away, despite all the work. I know it is in a place where it will be treasured, and that's all that matters.


I will enter this in the Scraps category. From what I've seen so far, it will be in excellent company there!

AmysCreativeSide.com


9 comments:

  1. what a bright and happy quilt! i love all those different scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fantastic! good luck with the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great - good idea to have your bee members use their fabrics too. It does give it an extra feeling of diversity. Good luck - fingers are crossed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! This is gorgeus quilt! Great pattern and your colours with white are so beautiful! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really beautiful, and I'm so glad it will be cuddling a cute little baby. That's the best use of a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt and what a lucky baby! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great quilt! it's such a great block to ask your bee members to make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt! Such pretty scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great piecing and great design for a scrappy quilt. Very effective

    ReplyDelete