Friday, October 3, 2014

20/2014: Double sided pillow

So who says a pillow can only have one fancy sind - aka the front - and one not so fancy one, the back?

My super talented and busy friend Aylin always organizes a German speaking swap on flickr, Swappen. It's already round 5, and I totally lucked out with my partner this time. Very inspirational mosaic, stuff that's right up my alley. So last weekend I went to work. I made a little drawing of my idea first, thinking then my partner can choose for herself. And chose she did, but I could not make up my mind. So I just made both ideas.

Side 1

The basic idea was a rainbow theme and something round. And since I've always wanted to try a double wedding ring...

Side 2

There's now only one problem: I don't get to sent this out until the beginning of December. The pilow has been living on my couch now this past week and looks quite at home there. Maybe I'll just have to make an identical one?


Have a nice weekend, everyone! I'm linking up with Laura from Quokka Quilts for TGIFF and crazymomquilts!

7 comments:

  1. Oh that is beautiful! Both sides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pillow! I ,ove this colors, fabrics and designs. Just make another one for yourself.

    Love from Amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bei mir wäre Seite 2 die Vorderseite. Ja, da mußt du wohl noch eins machen. Aber ich bin sicher, es schwirren dir genug Ideen für das nächste Projekt im Kopf herum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Einfach wunderschoen! Es gefaellt mir sehr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one beautiful rainbow double wedding ring pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pillow, love the colors and that you can use it both sides :)

    mvh AnneKa /Norway

    ReplyDelete