Friday, September 19, 2014

19/2014: Little pouch with Little Folks

At the moment, I am working towards finishing a quilt that I started a long time ago - my Little Folks string quilt. I can't even remember when I started that one, so I guess it's high time to get a move on. I am paper piecing the string blocks, and cutting them in shape produces a lot of tiny scraps. But to get rid off some Little Folks fabric? Never!

So I took all the scraps and did some improv piecing. I really like the look of the voile paired with linen. And since pouches are quick and easy to make, and therefore instant sewing gratification. it was a no brainer what to make...



I added some decorative stitches with orange embroidery floss. This one might even stay here with me.

Have a happy weekend, everyone! I'm linking this small finish up with Sew Fresh Quilts for TGIFF.

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous little bag. I can only imagine the luscious texture of it! I just finished (and posted) about a bunch of pouches I made as well for my big stitch hand quilting class. How fun that you combined the quilting with the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to take some time to play around with those scraps? What a cute little pouch that came of it! Love the quilting and the tag, Kerstin. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so sweet! Love the use of tiny scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! That is a great idea for some very small but favorite scraps.

    ReplyDelete