Tuesday, May 13, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Now with a purpose...

The other day, my younger son came into my sewing room and saw the Kona Cotton improv quilt on my design wall. He determined then and there that this will be his new quilt. Since he will celebrate his 4th birthday in two weeks (yes, his taste is very modern for someone so young), I am suddenly in a hurry to finish it. It's now wide enough for a single bed (54 inches), but I still have to add some length to it (right now, I'm at 57 inches, so a good 20 inches more to go).



I also call this my "Evolution quilt", because that thing is slowly evolving through my hands right before my eyes. It is also unlike any other quilt I made before, so I guess it also helps me in my evolution as a quilter. Here are the various stages so far:



Happy Wednesday, everyone! Linking up with freshly pieced for WIP Wednesday.

11 comments:

  1. I just adore it!! I would really like to give improv piecing a try. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..it looks stunning! I love all the curves, the colour combinations, all of it! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s genious. And so cute, that your Little man wants this for himself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very interesting quilt. Haven't done improv piecing although perhaps the crazy patches i have done are something like that. it really is very striking. No wonder your boy claimed it

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful and I want to have the courage to tackle something like this soon! My problem is I have to learn to let go and just go for it! I finished a quilt this week and my dd claimed it before I was done lol. Don't you love when they love something so much they just HAVE to have it!

    Stopping by from Lee's hop http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2014/05/wip-wednesday-may-14th.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt looks fantastic, like a work of art. There is a particular artist who has done similar work but I cannot remember his name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kerstin! This looks fantastic! I can understand why your son wants it. It's exciting, happy and playful! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. I would want it to be my quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Schön, daß dein Sohn den Quilt haben möchte. Ein schönes Kompliment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks amazing! I would love to try something like this someday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing, reminds me of Geesbend, or Siddi quilts.

    ReplyDelete