Wednesday, May 28, 2014

15/2014: Ready to turn

On Monday I told you about the fantastic weekend I had, and today I'm showing you what I finished during our retreat. My wheel of fortune quilt is finally, finally done! After a year in the making. I had two bees working on the blocks, the Bee Germany and the San Diego Modern Quilt Guild Bee. I love that people used their own scraps for this one in addition to what I sent out, so it's a really, really colorful quilt.


I'm not gonna lie, the quilting was a pain in the butt and it took me altogehter over a week.




But in the end, it was worth the work.

It's bound in red, my go to color for binding whenever it works with the rest of the quilt.



This one will go to a little girl that is supposed to come into this world in September.


Linking up with crazy mom quilts for Finish it up Friday!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kerstin! Your NEW quilt is gorgeus! What a fun pattern and those happy colours are so perfect for it! I'm sure it will be a treasure for that little girl! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great vibrant, fun and colorful quilt. I'm sure the baby will love it - it will be perfect to paly on and cuddle with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerstin,

    This quilt is beautiful. I love all the bright colors surrounded by white. That red binding is a nice touch. Your sewing retreat looks like it was a fun time. I am new to sewing and have an inexpensive machine that I got at target. It is too jumpy for an accurate 1/4 inch quilting seam but I look forward to having a smoother machine some day to make pretty things like this from little hst's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty quilt!! I love the pattern and the fun, happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely and the quilting is great, really makes it stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superschön. Und das Quilting hat sich wirklich gelohnt. Klasse.

    ReplyDelete