Monday, March 17, 2014

Fortunate

I'm very fortunate to have great bee friends who make wonderful blocks for me. This is how this quilt top came about:


I don't know if you have a quilt bucket list. I do, and over the last years I was able to slowly cross the items off. There are still some untackled ones (Lone Star quilt, anyone?), but thanks to my friends from the Bee Germany and the San Diego Modern Quilt Guild Bee, I will be able to cross the Wheel of Fortune quilt off my bucket list.
This block is what I wished for last year, but somehow the San Diego Blocks took a bit longer to cross the ocean. But last week I had the package in my mail box as a total surprise. Don't you love to come home to such mail?


And even though there are a few things I really, really should have sewn first, I could not resist and had to piece this top together over the weekend. The only problem is that I really have no clue what kind of fabric to use for the back. With a print? A solid? What color? Any ideas?

Linking up with the MondayMakers and Sew Cute Tuesday!

17 comments:

  1. Wunderschöne Blöcke hast Du da von Deinen Bees bekommen - das wird ein sehr fröhlicher Quilt! Die Rückseite - kommt ein bisschen auf das Vlies an. Zu dunkel sollte es nicht sein, wenn man's dann eventuell durchsieht. Aber eine helle Farbe, vielleicht auch ein leichter Print und nicht ganz Uni, würde mir schon gefallen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, so great, I am happy that I am a small part of your beautiful quilt. Backside fabric and quilting tips are my Problems everytime too, no help from me here, so sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ist der schön geworden! Und was für schöne Bilder - vor allem das zweitere - großartig!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wunderschöner Quilt! Diese Farben sind einfach herrlich!!!
    glg iva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robert Kaufman Spot On Wide in Peony. :) I LOVE the 108" wide fabric that I don't have to piece, and it is actually cheaper (and EASIER!) than 42" fabric. Lovely quilt, by the way! I'm still binding my two-bee bucket-list quilt... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love surprises in the post! The quilt looks great. I like pieced backs so I would use a scrappy strip and two solids on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mensch Kerstin, ist der schön! Und so sonnig, ich würde die Rückseite in gelb halten, egal ob uni oder gemustert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning! How about a white with multi color polka dots or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ich würde hauptsächlich weiß für die Rückseite nehmen - gerne gestückelt, und dann in den Nähten immer einen schmalen bunten Streifen mitfassen. Übrigens: das Top sieht echt TOLL aus !! liebe Grüße, Frauke

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely quilt top! I agree with Paula that a multi-colored polka dot would be great for the back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks awesome! What beautiful work your bee-mates have done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely arrangement of pinwheel blocks. I love quilts with lots of different fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous! I wish I had enough time to join a regular bee. I think you should use a beautiful multicoloured print!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's quite a quilt. I'd say a white or light gray would look very nice for a quilt backing.

    ReplyDelete