Monday, March 24, 2014

11/2014: Cover it up!

Two post in a day? Yes, I just finished the sewing machine cover for my swap partner and I'm so excited I have to show you immediately. Plus, I'll be busy celebrating my birthday tomorrow, so no time for blogging then...


It turned out well. I was a bit afraid about not getting the size right, but my partner's sewing machine has roughly the same measurements, so hopefully it'll work on her machine, too.


This thing sort of evolved while sewing, I started with the spool blocks and improvised from there.


I had quite a few scraps from this quilt, so I did not have to cut too much low volume prints up.

So here you go, partner, I hope you'll like the goodies from me!

 

Linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday!

Sew Cute Tuesday

6 comments:

  1. It's lovely. I'm sure your partner will love it.
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you! Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!
    Deine Sachen sehen toll aus, da wäre ich gern die Empfängerin...
    LG Katrin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sehr schön! Du bist schnell.
    Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to make one of those sewing machine covers. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cover-up! Those spools are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the spool blocks you made. I want to make a mini quilt of spools for my sewing room wall.

    ReplyDelete