Monday, March 24, 2014

10/2014: Swappen 4

Happy Monday. In between shuttling my kids around in the morning and work I thought I use the five minutes of quiet I have to show you what I've been working on over the weekend.

I always try to take part in every round of Swappen, which is a German speaking swap on flickr, hosted by the lovely Aylin. We already made pillows and bags, and this time, it's a sewing room themed swap. I somehow could not motivate myself so much this time, but last week I thought it's now or never. And now I can't seem to stop, therefore my partner will get two items. Number one is already finished:


I made a travel sewing kit, much like this one. Only this time I used selvedges for the outside panel, and the inside is a bit more sophisticated as well. I mean, there's a zipper and all...



But since my partner said she would really like to receive a sewing machine cover, she'll get one. Made out of spool blocks and low volume fabrics. I know she likes it colorful, so I'm quite confident she'll like this.



I'm linking up with the



8 comments:

  1. Oh my, love this sewing kit. Unfortunately I couldn´t make this swap this round, what a pitty....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerstin! I love your sewing kit! I would like similar as a wallet. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Kerstin,
    ein schickes Set hast Du Dir da genäht! Auf diese Weise habe ich noch nicht gesehen, dass man Webkanten verarbeitet, bei mir gibt es inzwischen eine größere Sammlung, mal schauen, was da draus wird...
    LG
    Valomea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Die Spulen sind aber klasse ! Das Täschen habe ich schon auf Flickr bewundert ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Das Täschchen ist genial und aus den Spulenblöcken wird sicherlich noch eine tolle Nähmaschinenhülle entstehen! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Die Tasche sieht echt klasse aus und die Blöcke sind sehr viel versprechend. Eine Nähmaschinenhülle ist sehr viel Arbeit. Respekt, daß Du das auf Dich nimmst.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Es ist grandios, was man alles aus den Webkanten noch zaubern kann. Deine Partnerin wird sich so darüber freuen. Gefällt mir gut.

    ReplyDelete