Monday, February 10, 2014

06/2014: Botanics to wear

Last Friday, I got it in my head that I need, need, need to sew a top with Botanics by Carolyn Friedlander. The only problem: I had maybe a fat quarter of my preferred print left. Enter Susanne, one of the lovely host of Monday Makers: I e-mailed her and guess what, the fabric was in my mailbox the very next day! It's good to have friends with a fabric shop...


It's almost finished, I still havn't decided if I want to add sleeves or not. It has a light, airy feel to it, so I think it would be perfect for summer as well.  Any suggestions, sleeves or not?


This print is my favorite from this great fabric line. I love the color, it goes so well with so many other colors in my wardrobe.


I'm quite proud of my homemade piping! That's also one of those things that seem scary in the beginning, but turn out to be quite harmless once you actually sew with it...

So thank you, Susanne, for your great service. I can't wait to wear this to work on Wednesday!

Lining up with Monday Makers/Montagsmacher!

1 comment: