Friday, February 21, 2014

07/2014: It's a plus!

Last month, I posted a lot of WIPs and wrote that I'm so excited about this one and that one and I can't wait to finish them. Well, and then a giant sloth came and replaced me. It forced me on the couch in the evenings and kept me away from my machine... Thankfully, I was able to get rid off it and finish a quilt.

Ever since seeing this and this quilt, I was in love and had to have one myself. I started sewing the first blocks right after Christmas. And since January was my month in the Bee Germany, I thought I put my fellow bees to work on that. I am really, really thankful for all the nice blocks I received. They are a bunch of very special ladies! Thanks, girls!


It's a nice throw size, I did not measure it, but it's big enough to snuggle under comfortably. Which is all that matters!


I quilted it with zig zag lines with a natural thread. I did not want the quilting to pop out too much on this one.


IKEA for the back. But this is just so fitting, no? And of course it's bound in red, my preferred color for binding.

Linking up with TGIFF and crazy mom quilts!

10 comments:

  1. Love the colours and the backing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love this! I just made this block for a bee and it's great to see what it looks like with other blocks in a quilt. Beautiful, Kerstin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful. I like the backing fabric but I'm surprised you've used Ikea material; I've only seen a heavier weight cotton weave on the roll there. It's good for making bags I suspect but too thick and stiff for quilting I would have thought. I have considered buying a duvet cover (4m of 1.4m wide fabric for €16.- ) and cutting that up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scrappy background is really interesting as well .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous - I love it! Thank you for sharing on TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the low volume background with the vibrant crosses. Love the backing too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one has always been a favorite of mine and it actually makes me want to go to the local quilt shop and just buy a bunch of "lights" just to have enough for the neutral backgrounds in this type of quilt. Beautiful work !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ich habe das Finish deines Quilts völlig verpennt und sehe das erst jetzt. So schön geworden und du hast vollkommen recht mit dem wenigen Quilting, das hätte das Muster komplett in den Hintergrung geschoben. Dieser IKEA-Stoff ist einfach pefekt ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay - I have drawn you as the winner of my TGIFF giveaway! Let me know the address you'd like me to send your happy sunshine-y fat quarters!

    ReplyDelete