Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Fresh Sewing Day and a Happy New Year!

I wish everyone a happy new year, I hope you are slowly recovering from your New Year's Eve festivities...

I am excited for this month. I am excited for this very day, actually. My kids are on holidays with the grandparents, I spend all day yesterday cleaning my house (including the floors), so I'll be busy basting and hopefully quilting a quilt! It was planned as a Christmas presents for my older son, but the time before Christmas was just too busy and I could not finish it anymore. Hopefully, when he comes home on Saturday, it will be on his bed.


I also have two other quilts in progress that I worked on a lot last month:


This will be a queen sized quilt, I am only missing 25 more blocks. It's a Denyse Schmidt Hope Valley/Chicopee/Shellburn Falls mashup. Too bad I ran out of Kona Ivory, so I have to wait for more to arrive before this can progress...


This one started on a whim last week. I am the first on this month in the new round of the Bee Germany, and my original plan was to have the others make x and plus blocks with Comma fabric. While cutting, I realized I don't have enough and I ordered more well before Christmas, but it did not get here on time (still waiting for it, in fact). So I needed a plan b, and there have been such great quilts like this on flickr lately that I have to make on, too. Hopefully this will come together at the end of this month.

I also had some finishes:



Handmade Christmas presents. The only ones I managed to make. But they were well received, so I guess it was worth the hassle...

I hope the year ahead will be lots of creativity and fun behind the sewing machine for all of you!

Linking up with Lily's Quilts for Fresh Sewing Day!

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too! You have some lovely projects in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts! Your son will be delighted with his quilt. I love your choice of fabrics. I find that handmade gifts are always worth the hassle. The people for whom I choose to make gifts know the value of a homemade gift. I made a quilt for my SIL when she was ordained as a pastor and she wrote me a sweet note that she could not do anything like that for me. 2013 was a tough year and she was a great support and that meant as much to me as a homemade gift. Best wishes for a peaceful and productive 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frohes neues Jahr! Viel Erfolg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck getting your quilt finished. I love your comma cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year! Gorgeous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the crosses quilt - colours are great. Gutes neues Jahr!

    ReplyDelete