Monday, January 6, 2014

02/2014: A new favorite

No risk, no fun, right? I finally cut into my precious Nani Iro fabric. For a new, never before tested pattern. Without making a muslin first. And guess what, I think I have a new favorite garment in my closet.


Actually, I'm totally relieved it came out so well and I did not wreck the fabric in the process. But I was too impatient for a muslin. Guess I just got lucky with this one...
The pattern is from Ottobre woman (05/2011), and originally it is for a knit fabric. It also came with short sleeves, but I took the sleeves from the Tova tunic pattern and adjusted them accordingly for this pattern. The double gauze is an absolute dream to wear, it's super soft and I think if I could afford it, I would only make garments out of that stuff...

Linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts!

Sew Cute Tuesday

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, that's a pretty fabric!! I have a half metre of double gauze I bought from Miss Matatabi just because I wanted to feel what it was like... no idea what to use it for now though, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sieht klasse aus! Hut ab, daß Du so viele Kleidungsstücke nähst. Ich traue mich da nicht dran.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wunderschön - sieht nach Frühling aus, führt sich hier auch so an ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading a lot of about double gauze and your top looks beautiful. I think I'm going to have to try it out too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and so flattering Kerstin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and so flattering Kerstin!

    ReplyDelete