Friday, January 3, 2014

01/2014: Feeling fishy

I finished this quilt on January 1st, 2014. Is there a better way to start into the new year?


This was supposed to be a Christmas present, but I did not finish it in time. But since there was present overload at our house anyway, it did not really matter. And when my son comes back from vacation today and he'll find it on the bed, it'll be all the more exciting for him (here's hoping!).


When I saw the fish fabric (Pirate fish by Makeower UK) at my LQS, I knew I had to make a quilt for my son. I paired it with Kona Cotton, all from my stash.

He loves fishes and still had his baby quilt on his bed, so I guess it was time for a change...


He had one wish: Somewhere on the quilt, he wanted his name (he's really into letters right now). So on the back it went!


I machine stitched the binding with a zigzag stitch, which was a first for me. To be honest, I don't know if I'm so fond of the look, I guess I'll go back to hand stitching in the future.


And here it is in all it's bright glory on his bed. Let's see whether he'll like it...

Linking up with TGIFF!

http://quokkaquilts.com/2014/01/washi-not-a-washout.html

8 comments:

  1. Sieht toll aus auf seinem Bett!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Front and back, that is a beauty. Great start to 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt! It is so colorful and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice way to start the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toll gemacht! Bin von crazy mom quilts hier gelandet.
    Grüße aus dem Schwarzwald!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the way to start the year for sure! Good jump start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. he should love it and it looks really cool on his bed

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for new year finishes! I bet he loves it! :)

    ReplyDelete