Tuesday, December 3, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Feeling fishy

What is really, really embarrassing? When your almost six years old child still has the quilt you made him before his birth! A new one is in order, and he will get it as a Christmas present (yes, and also some Lego). He loves fish,  so when I saw this fabric by Makower UK at my LQS, I had to buy it for him. He also likes chevrons, and this is the result of such a combination:


Pretty intense, huh? I'm not really sure if I love it, but he saw it and does, and that's all that matters. He asks me every day when he can finally snuggle under it...


I also cut into mu layer cake of Comma by Zen Chic on a whim yesterday. I've been thinking about a x and plus quilt for a while now. Not exactly sure what for, since I am also working on two queen sized quilts for our bed and our sofa couldn't possibly take another quilt, but maybe child no. 2 will be happy about a new quilt...

Anyway, I wanted to try this pattern with that fabric:


I think I will turn this into a quilted pillow as a gift for a colleague.

What about you, have you been doing some Christmas present sewing already?

Linking up with freshly pieced for WIP Wednesday

8 comments:

  1. Love the X and Plus blocks in Comma!! I have the block on my to-do list.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop teasing me with your Comma! I'm still trying to figure out what to do with mine too! Great solution here though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Comma but have somehow managed to NOT buy it - I don't need another project!!
    Your chevron fishy quilt is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comma! Probably my favorite collection since I started quilting this year. I made a plus sign quilt with mine too...but I am loving the plus signs with the X's! Can't wait to see more of this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Comma fabric is just perfect for those X and + blocks - love how bright and colourful your fishies are too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Die Comma Blöcke sehen toll aus!!!
    Was gibt's Schöneres, als wenn das Kind sich auf etwas Genähtes freut?!
    Keim Geschenkenähen hier. Komme zu fast gar nichts. Deshalb wenn überhaupt nur Nähen für die Kinder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ich glaube, ich brauche auch eigene x+ Blöcke :). Ich nähe dieses Jahr KEIN EINZIGES Geschenk :) Auch ein gutes Gefühl!

    ReplyDelete