Friday, December 6, 2013

Strike 1!

Handmade Christmas present number one is officially done and crossed off the list!

Last Wednesday, I showed you this WIP:


I will kick off the next round of the Bee Germany in January, and I always wanted to make a x and plus quilt. After sorting through my stash, I decided to use my Comma layer cake for this and went about making some trial blocks. I decided that for a whole quilt, I would like it with a little less negative space. So I turned those four block into a quilted pillow that will be give to a co-worker for Christmas.


I hopw she'll like it...


I quilted the front with green thread and just mirrored the block pattern. It is bound in Kona Green Grass (or is it Grass Green, I never know!)

The back is also made up of Comma, I had some leftovers from my Super Tote...


And now on to crossing more stuff of my to do list...

Linking up with TGIFF and crazy mom quilts.


6 comments:

  1. The pillow is gorgeous!! Such a great pattern and fabric choice! I´m sure she will LOVE (how could she not???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its fun working on Christmas gift, even greater when the list gets shorter, lol. love the cushion, great finish..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liebe Kerstin,
    hab mich sehr über Dein tolles Adventstütchen gefreut! Genau mein Geschmack!! Danke!
    Liebe Grüße Barbara

    ReplyDelete