Friday, November 22, 2013

A spot on the sunny side

Back in April, I started a hexagon pillow as a birthday present for a friend. Her birthday is at the end of August. Manageable, right? Yeah, well, she got it in November. But she is a very kind person and wasn't too upset about it. And I dare say it's just the right thing to cheer up a gray November day!


According to her 7 year old daughter, who had a lot of fun counting, I used 132 hexagons for this pillow. That somehow does not seem like such a high number, does it?

Here it is in action:


I'm just glad she liked it, and for her next birthday, I hope I will finish the present in time...

Linking up with TGIFF and crazy mom quilts!

http://2hot2knit.blogspot.ca/2013/11/thank-goodness-it-finished-friday.html

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours, definitely reminiscent of summer days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sunset of colours. So very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just followed your blog! Please come follow us back! Thanks.

    quackadoodlequilt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete