Tuesday, October 29, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Granny squares and geese

Happy Wednesday everyone! I'm very happy to report that I made some quilting progress last week. I'm a few days away from the start of my new bee, the friends with additions. This is a travelling quilt bee with some really talented quilters from all over the world. We mail out our starter block on Nov. 1st, and I finished mine yesterday.


I had something else in mind, with a low volume background, but when I finished the first circle of flying geese, I thought it is a bit too busy.


I think I will make this into a side panel for another Super Tote, I had a request for one from a friend.

The other WIP I worked on is the Denyse Schmidt granny square quilt.


My friend Anja was kind enough to send me fabric for the upper two blocks, I did not have the pink ones and the pale grey in my stash. I also bought some more Shellburn Falls for this quilt. So now I have Hope Valley, Chicopee und Shellburn Falls in this quilt, and I think to go so well together!


I'm not sure how big this one will be. We have a queen sized bed, so now I have the choice between making it big enough for our bed, or leave it like this as a big lap quilt. I'm also not sure about the layout yet, maybe I will set them on point after all. Any thoughts on this?

I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday on freshly pieced!



12 comments:

  1. Your granny square blocks are looking fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are gorgeous! Love love love :).

    Cheers,
    Jenn from Mellycoddle :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) You are the super tote hero :)
    Love your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that the second block is busy, but not too busy! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the granny squares! Great color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your flying geese squares are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to see all of the Denyse Schmidt fabrics go so nicely together - I just bought some Florence that I know is going to need supplementing. Your geese blocks are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Flock of Geese - I especially like the pop of red honeycomb on the yellow triangle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your blocks are beautiful! I love Denise Schmidt fabric and those Granny Squares are just so pretty and wonderful. The Circle of Geese are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your first "busy" circle of geese. Yours is much more restrained than either of the two scrappy ones I made this year.

    ReplyDelete