Friday, October 11, 2013

Move over, Mug Rug!

If my teapot could sing, I would hear this song from my kitchen now: "I'm a little teapot, short and stout, and I have a new quilt" (yeah, maybe it's a good thing teapots can't sing...)


Last Monday I showed the bee block from Andrea and my own version of it in Briar Rose. It's a lot of fun to make this block, but at the moment I neither have the time nor the energy to make enough blocks for a whole quilt, so I decided to turn my single block into a mini quilt.


Since this is on the larger side, I can't really call it a mug rug or pot holder, that's how my idea of tea pot rug was born...

Here's the back:


 But this is not my only finish this week! I also made a new washi dress for fall in wool jersey. Turned out well, but I did not have anyone around to take a decent photo. I tried to take a selfshot...


 Hope you had a good laugh now!

Linking up with TGIFF again, today over at Quilt Matters






11 comments:

  1. Your tea pot looks very happy with it's new quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely mug rug! And I suck at taking selfies too lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kerstin! You mug rug is really for a happy song! Lovely dress, too! I'm also without help with photos. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sieht wirklich toll aus, klasse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-) Lovely mug rug and the tea pot as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your mat, Briar Rose just looks wonderful in everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did indeed get a good little chuckle from your selfie! Briar rose is simply stunning; you make me want to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your teapot rug - it's so bright and cherry and I'm sure your teapot is singing. I've tried taking selfies and they are hard to do but my kids sure have it mastered. Nice material in your washi dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL - love your self-photo, Kerstin! Great job with your teapot rug -- genius idea, I think! So glad you linked up to TGIFF! and OctoberQuest2 -- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the teapot rug! It is so pretty. Can I borrow this idea?
    Barb@Witsend

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your idea for a teapot rug. I also like your blog. This is the first time that I have stopped by to read it.

    ReplyDelete