Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fresh sewing day: Three and three

When writing such a blog post, I'm always tempted to write stuff like "wow, it's November already, how did that happen?" I think I should just face the facts and admit that life is speeding by. (Okay, that sounds rather heavy, it's not all so bad!). But when you try to balance family, work, volunteer work for the pre-school and sewing time, it can get hectic. So I'm please that I find enough time for my hobby. For October, I can even break it down and divide it evenly: I managed to finish three things and I have three things in progress (we won't mention all the other UFOs on the shelf now...)


The finished items: a baby quilt for friends who have just been blessed with their first child, a tea pot rug, and a pillow for a swap.
The WIPs: two flying geese blocks, the one with the white background for a traveling quilt bee, the other one will turn into the side panel of a Super Tote, and more blocks for my Denyse Schmidt granny square quilt.

What will November bring? Probably a lot of bad weather, but also a great weekend with my friends from the Bee Germany in Frankfurt, and hopefully a few more finishes!

I'm linking up with Lily's Quilts for fresh sewing day!

Lily's Quilts

9 comments:

  1. Yeah, I am looking Forward to our Weekend, too. This will be so much fun again. By the way, lovely finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous makes!! I love those granny squares!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh those DS squares are amazing looking as are all you finishes ! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a pretty productive month to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have made some pretty things this month

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life IS hectic and time does fly by. But looking at your update, I'd say you did better than good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mosaic makes are beautiful! I wish the year would slow down bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is beautiful! How do you manage to fit it all in?

    ReplyDelete