Tuesday, August 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Granny Squares

I'm back! From vacation, but also from a quilting hiatus. The quilting hiatus wasn't intended, it sort of happened over the summer. I was lacking inspiration and a bit aimless, and sewing clothes was just so much more rewarding. But while on vacation, I had the chance to shop for fabric and I brought home a nice bundle of Chicopee by Denyse Schmidt. That was the fastest fabric buy ever, since my husband was in the store with me breathing down my neck waiting patiently till I made my purchase.

And with the new fabric, inspiration struck again!


I made some granny squares. Fun, fast, and gives endless possibilities for different fabric combinations. I will make this an all Denyse Schmidt fabric quilt. So far, I used Chicopee and Hope Valley, and there's also a lonely square from Shellburn Falls. The solid is a Kona Cotton, although I'm not sure about the color, I have to check the color card. What I also love about this project is that it does not have a deadline nor a specific purpose, it's just for fun!

I'm linking up with freshly pieced for WIP Wednesday!



11 comments:

  1. Love your granny squares in these beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these look terrific! And I love having a project without a deadline. It takes the stress off and I can just sew for fun!
    I hope you have a blast!
    xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful granny squares. I love the fabrics that you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Die Granny Squares haben sowas von Suchtpotential, zumal mit solch schönen Stoffen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fabrics look so lovely, and work so well together. I can't stop gazing at them. I'm sure your finished quilt will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just loving these granny squares your fabric choices are beautiful.....Stopping by from Freshly Pieced.Thanks for sharing. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just great having no Deadline. Lovely blocks, Kerstin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. welcome back! I think your blocks look lovely. I started a project just for fun, this past weekend, too and love it :)

    Stopping by from the WIP hop http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2013/08/wednesday-wip-august-14th-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Denyse Schmidt granny squares! What a perfect block for that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I am back in Australia after 3 months traveling around Germany. I kept a look out for fabric shops and patchwork supplies, but must have visited the wrong places, as I only found three and two were closed. Obviously you must have Fabric and Patchwork shops so next time I go to Germany will have to get some addresses. Good to see your blog and your work.
    Kind regards

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful granny squares!! I'm just about to start a quilt with her new line, Florence!

    ReplyDelete