Thursday, July 25, 2013

Travel companion

What is it with me and pouches and bags lately? I just have the urge to make some. My latest creation is a gift for a quilting friend. I can't say who it is so I won't spoil the surprise, let's just say it will travel all the way across the Atlantic to sunny SoCal.

I know that my friend sometimes goes on trips, so what's better than to give her a travel sewing kit?


I used this fabulous tutorial by Kerry Green. Size wise, I just made my own pattern. The fabric is from the Dutch Love collection from Hamburger Liebe by Hilco.  It was fun to sew, but I'm not gonna lie, it was a pain to attach the zipper and the binding. In the end, I attached the binding like for a quilt, which was easier for me than the all around machine attachment.


There should be lots of space for needles, thread, scissors, pins, embroidery floss, ...

I'm linking up with TGIFF, which is hosted by What a Hoot today, and crazy mom quilts.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is cute! I love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky quilting friend! :) I haven't tackled any bags yet. I could say it's because I have such a tremendous backlog of quilting work, but if I'm honest it's just as much because I'm a wimp about zippers and many layers! Good to see you at TGIFF :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really beautiful and useful gift - such lovely fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Of course it looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ach, es ist so beruhigend, wenn auch mal jemand anderer mit dem Reißverschluss kämpft :-) Und nicht immer nur ich... Das Täschchen ist super geworden! Da freut sich bestimmt jemand sehr!

    ReplyDelete