Friday, July 12, 2013

Small finish

Oh wow, I actually managed to finish something quilty this week! That hasn't happened in a loooong time! It's a pillow case, and the pillow now lives on my couch. I started it a while ago after seeing this pillow made by my friend Anja, but then somehow never got around to finishing it. But my kids left for a vacation with the grandparents this morning and as soon as their car was out of sight, I jumped in front of my sewing machine!

Here's side one:




 And here's side two, in action on the couch:


I quilted the tumbling blocks on pieces of leftover batting to give the pillow some extra softness. The y-seams of the blocks themselves could be a bit more accurate in some places, but overall I'm happy with it.

I'm hoping to get some serious sewing time in over the next few days. What are you up to this weekend?

I'm linking up with TGIFF at Quilt Matters and crazy mom quilts!



8 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I love the colors and the fun mix of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pillow is awesome. Would look fun on my sofa also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pillow. It is awesome!
    jan@http://sewandsowfarm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great cushion cover! I'm putting together a bee quilt in this same palette, so fun and summery :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those colours. Yay for taking on Y-seams, Kerstin! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Job well done! Looks gorgeous, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kerstin! That's fantastic - I love your new pillow! All the fabrics are adorable and pattern really good! x Teje

    ReplyDelete