Friday, June 28, 2013

It's easy being green!

Hi there, it's been a while... . I have yet to find my rhythm with work and family life and fit in some sewing as well, so I haven't been very productive this month. It seems all I made were Super Totes.

Here's my latest. But in my defense, my friend made me do it. It was her birthday last week and she specifically requested a Super Tote. She gave me this IKEA fabric, but I thought it needed something else. We meet for coffee and a chat once a week (I know, it's a hard knock life!), and I'm usually stitching some hexagons together. So of course I had to include that in her bag!


The hexagon panel actually is a zippered pocket, with some Echo fabric on the inside.


I used all kinds of scraps for the hexies, but I also cut into my Echo stash for it, it just fit so well with the green IKEA fabric.

The other side got some flowers:


And here's the inside, fully made out of IKEA:



I do like green as well, but this is a bit much for me. But my friend really liked it, and that's all that matters, no?

I promise to show something different than a Super Tote in my next post! Be sure to check back on Monday, when it's my turn in the Landmaedel QAL, a German speaking Farmer's Wife QAL!

I'm linking up with TGIFF and crazymomquilts!

6 comments:

  1. Nice! I love the hexagons added to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Completely gorgeous!! Great job, Kerstin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this tote with the pretty green hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also mir gefällt die Tasche auch Super. Zum passenden Outfit ist sie der Hingucker! Deine Hexies sind toll geworden und harmonieren wirklich gut mit dem IKEA Stoff.

    Liebe Grüße Constance

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mix of hexies with that fabric is divine. Love the little touches of brown. Great addition. Can see why your friend loves it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heeeeeey, high five for Super Tote finishes!! The zippered pocket makes it just that bit more practical, hey?!

    ReplyDelete