Friday, June 7, 2013

Flea Market Super Tote!

Happy Friday! It's sunny, it's almost weekend, I survived my first week at work, I have a new bag, what more can you want? (Actually, going back to work this week was super fun, I loved it!)
I realized pretty fast though that my sewing time will be limited from now on, but I managed to finish a project this week. And guess what, I made another Super Tote. Yep, that is number four. And I will keep this one all for myself.

My good friend Alison send me a package this week, and inside I found two fat quarters of Flea Market Fancy (the green and pink seedlings, my favorite print from that line!). So I pulled out the rest of my FMF stash and got to work. And this is the result:

Side one

Side two

This one has only one strap to wear it across the body, which I prefer when I'm out and about with the kids.

 I used the green seedlings for the inside pockets and the zipper panel. However, I did not have enough fabric for the whole lining, so I subsituted FMF with a print from the very first DS Quilts Collection.


I am so happy with this bag, it makes me smile whenever I use it!

I'm lining up with TGIFF and crazy mom quilts!


10 comments:

  1. Love the scrappiness of the strap and the pluses. Love. It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! What pattern did you use for this bag?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerstin, your new bag is beautiful! How great you used the plus pattern and the fabrics are perfect! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun bag! So adorable!
    Esther
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome super tote! I love the pieced front and back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is better with FMF! Lovely bag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love this in the FMF !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! So impressed with all of your sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete