Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WIP Wednesday: In search of... the sun!

This blog post is brought to you by rain. Because there's been plenty of it. So much, that the only thing one can do is sit at home in front of the sewing machine.

Here's what I've been working on the past couple of days. I finished a quilt top and the back, now it only needs batting, basting, quilting and binding (hope to get that done by Friday). We are waiting for the arrival of our newest nephew any day now. If I finish this quilt before he's born, that would actually be a first for me, usually babies are at least a few weeks old before I get their quilts done...

Here's the front:


And here's the back:


I'm also currently making another Super Tote, this one's for my Mom:




I picked up that flower print at IKEA and realized at home that it goes well together with PB & J by BasicGrey. I had one of those Candy Packs of that line and it was just enough to make a patchwork outside pocket. The Nicey Jane fabric on the side will be the lining.

And since the sun is making itself really, really scarce around here, I decided I'll bring some to my closet:


It just needs a finished neckline and hem and I'm good to go.

I'm linking up with Lee from freshly pieced for lots of other handmade goodness!



20 comments:

  1. Da hast du wohl Recht, da kann man getrost und ohne schlechtes Gewissen drin bleiben und nähen ;-).
    Die Tasche muss ich doch endlich auch mal probieren!!!
    Sieht gut aus bei dir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the baby quilt - it's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely quilt....but Kerstin; I love the bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. You have gotten a lot done. You made an interesting back for that quilt. I love your bag. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt top and back are both fabulous- hope you get it done in time for your nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the baby quilt, especially the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Super Tote looks great (love red)! I made one a smaller version a few weeks ago and looove it. Your baby quilt is so cute! I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually look forward to a little rain, it does give you time to quilt! Great job on all of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful quilt! And that tote is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am such a fan of your super tote -- I'm working on one too =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Die Tasche mit dem Blümchenstoff ist der Knaller! Die gefällt mir von allen am besten und die anderen beiden waren schon toll.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love your Super tote - using a mini charm pack for the patchwork is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the chevron quilt! The blues are fabulous and the back is too cute. I love when the back is interesting:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the way you patterned the colors in the chevron baby quilt. And a quilt when they are a couple weeks old is good timing; I think I have done well if they get it by their first birthday. Of course the older they are, the bigger the quilt has to be...timeliness has some benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the quilt and the colours you've chosen - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bautiful quilt. Will surely be loved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kerstin,
    Love the baby quilt. What is the darkest color, black or maybe navy? The contrast is perfect with the grays.
    Jodi B

    ReplyDelete