Wednesday, May 8, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Halfway there

Hi, long time no see, right? I've been sick last week, so not a lot of sewing has been going on (and no blogging at all!). I'm slowly getting back on track, and I worked on a long time UFO, my Little Folks string quilt.


I pulled out this quilt top. I started this over a year ago, and then it just sat there. But then I got two more half yards of the lovely Little Folks Voile from Ulrike, and this prompted me to get back to this quilt top. And I made 12 more blocks in one evening! I paper piece them, they are 11 inch squares. I need 16 more to have a Full Sized quilt, and 32 more for a queen size, which would fit our bed perfectly. So what do you think? Which size should I go for?



I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday!

 


13 comments:

  1. :) Of course you should go for the bigger one. This has a wonderful effect with it´s lightish colors. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking good! I guess it's up to your perseverance and how much you like it. You have made quick progress by adding 12 blocks in one evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I made a string quilt last year, it was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! String blocks are a lot of work but it's coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go for the Queen size, it will look sensational. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great string block... it will look fabulous when all done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour combination, very fresh look forward to seeing it finished

    ReplyDelete
  8. definitely queen size, voile on the bed is the ultimate luxury! It is looking really great and very much deserving of your attention again- I will be excited to see this one finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this quilt so far. I would go for the queen size. it will be gorgeous!! I am a new follower too:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only use voile in a backing, and I love how yours looks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go for the Queen! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you need to make it queen sized. It will be so soft and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I stumbled upon your blog, I do love this quilt!!! I do love Anna Maria's fabric. I will follow you and read some more, groetjes, from the Netherlands, Gerda

    ReplyDelete