Friday, May 10, 2013

The loghouse quilt

Happy Friday, everyone! I am in a very good mood today, so I'm sending out happy thought into the blogosphere...

And I finished a quilt! I haven't had any finished in April, so I think May is off to a good start. Remember the giant log cabin I showed here a while ago? The one out of the Vintage Modern jelly roll?  I finished that one, but since the single block is so big, I can't really call it a log cabin quilt anymore. So instead, I proudly present the log house quilt:


I also thought that the single big block was a bit boring, and I did not want a square quilt, so I added another little log cabin block in the corner. The quilt now measures about 70 x 60 inches.

Here's a view of the back:


 For the binding, I took some leftover strips from the jelly roll.


I hope everyone is having a good weekend, I'm hoping to take a trip around the world. Check back for photos next week...

I'm linking up with TGIFF and crazy mom quilts!




11 comments:

  1. Yay! What a wonderful finish, Kerstin! You know I'm a sucker for asymmetrical layouts and I love what you did with yours. So glad you linked up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic and I love the back as much as the front!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this is so bright and friendly! I love log cabins, or in your case, your log house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree -- both sides are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kerstin! This is so beautiful and happy quilt! I love your design and the small block in the corner is great! Also the backing is perfect! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun with the Trip Around the World! It is very addictive... You have been warned! :-)
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great quilt! I love the big and small log cabin blocks together on the front, and "sprinkled" on the back. lovely!

    -Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! The guild meets tomorrow and I'm not sure how much fabric to pass out. Can you let me know and post instructions in the Flickr group? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete