Friday, May 31, 2013

One for the boy!

Happy Friday! Last Wednesday, I searched for the sun. And guess what, I haven't found it yet. Instead, I decided it's all about attitute. So if it rains in your part of the world as well, try this!
Quilt-wise, I have another finish to share today! The chevron quilt I made for my yet-to-be-born nephew is done! Unbelievable, I finished a quilt before the baby arrived, normally I'm a few month late...


Normally, when I make a baby quilt, I go for bright colors. But my brother's girlfriend asked me to make a garland for their first boy's room, like the one I made for my boys. The fabrics she choose from my stash were very muted, lots of blues and greys. They live by the lake in Zurich and I think she wanted to go for a nautical theme in the room. So when I made this quilt, I wanted to match the bunting and used the same fabrics. I just added the green tones to make it a bit more interesting. The darkest colors are Kona Charcoal and Kona Navy, the rest of the solids comes from a Kona Poseidon Bundle (leftovers from this quilt). I added a few small scale prints as well.

Here's the back:

In case you are wondering about the dark spots, that would be from the rain...
Kona Turquoise and Kona Grey paired with some leftover HSTs from the front. It's bound in Kona Navy and measures about 60 x 42 inches.

Hope you'll have a sunny weekend. I'm linking up with TGIFF, which is hosted by the very talented Lucy of Charm About You today, and Amandajean from crazy mom quilts!

10 comments:

  1. Good Feeling to be ready early - lovely quilt, I like the muted Colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful quilt. the colors are just perfect for a boy!

    -Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chevrons - and the back is fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This definitely has a cool feel to it - and especially if they are kind of doing a nautical-ish theme - it feels like waves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tolle Farben und Muster, perfekter Quilt für einen Jungen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the muted colours - they are very soothing. Good job on finishing ahead of schedule! I usually scramble at the end too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kerstin it is gorgeous! The colours work really well together. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cool colours in these chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this one too!! Wow--you are on fire girl with your cool-colored quilts!

    ReplyDelete