Friday, May 17, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival

I don't really know why, but Blogger's Quilt Festival always sneaks up on me! I have it on my radar a few weeks before, and I make big plans for the quilt I want to show. Yeah, that somehow never works. For example, a year ago I wanted to show my Little Folks string quilt. And it's now halfway done. Maybe next year then? For this festival, I wanted to show my Trip around the Ocean quilt. The top's done and the back is pieced together, but that's all I managed last week.

So instead, I decided to show you the favorite of all the quilts I made so far. It's my Ocatagonal Rainbow Quilt. It was finished this March, and went to a very dear friend of mine to Australia. Well, not really to her, it was for the lovely Miss Juliet, who came into this world in January. I had made quilts for my friend's two boys as well, so it was a no brainer what to gift her for the birth of her third child!


It's slightly bigger than crib size with 70 x 50 inches. The is all scraps, and the solid is Kona Cotton Coal. The pattern is of course the Octagonal Orbs from Elizabeth Hartmann.


I used some yellow shirting for the back:


 The only thing that did not come from my stash for this quilt is the binding, I think it's from Art Gallery Fabrics:



I know that it was well received at it's new home, which made me very happy and showed me once more, why I love to gift quilts!

Happy Blogger's Quilt Festival!


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilt, I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerstin! This is my favourite, too! I love the colours and they look fantastic with the dark background!It's like a sunset! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way the background sets off the scrappy colors. Very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love everything about this quilt - the colors, the pattern, the quilting, oh my! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete