Thursday, April 18, 2013

Really Random Thursday: Spring has sprung!

We had the most amazing weather so far this week! Spring is finally here (well, it took him long enough!). I love that the kids can just put on a light hoodie or t-shirt, sneakers and are good to go. No more tights, scraves, hats, mittens and snowboots! And I love what's happening in my garden.
Here are some totally random shots:





And what better way to celebrate spring than with a new top? I had the book Simple Modern Sewing for quite a while now, but somehow I never got around to make anything out of it. But I wanted to get out of my endless Tova cycle (don't get me wrong, I still love this pattern!), and so I decided to make the wrap blouse from the front cover.


 This is actually the second try with this pattern. Thank goodness I made a muslin first before cutting into the good stuff! I traced the a large and added seam allowance, and out came a shirt that made me look very pregnant. Which you don't want to look like when you are not! So I made this version here without a seam allowance and that works much better. I still think the peplum looks a bit too full, but other than that, it's not bad at all. And it was super easy to make. The fabric is Little Folks Voile by Anna Maria Horner, which is a dream for clothes sewing. I had some leftover from this jacket, where I used the voile a lining.

I'm a very lucky girl this weekend, my husband gave me time off and I'll be heading to Berlin tomorrow for the meeting of the Bee Germany! I can't wait to meet everyone and spend a weekend sewing, chatting, shopping, having fun! I hope you all have nice plans as well!

Linking up with Live a Colorful Life for Really Random Thursday!



4 comments:

  1. Your blouse came out very nice and looks comfortable. Good for you for fixing the pattern problems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh!! Have fun in Berlin! That sounds like such a treat!! Love the voile blouse, too. It's the dreamiest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I totally adore your top!!!! It looks super pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are having a wonderful time in Berlin!

    ReplyDelete