Friday, April 5, 2013

Flea Market Sparkle Punch

Sometimes, you meet someone and you just know instantly that this is a really sweet, kind person you wanna be friends with. That's what happened when I met Kelley at a sew-in of the San Diego Modern Quilt Guild. She sat behind me and worked on this quilt. It was just around the time Denyse Schmidt came out with her first line for Joann's. We started talking, and I told her I could not find the blue and green dots at my local Joann's in Point Loma. So she said she got them in Escondido and the next time she's there, she'll check. And what do you know, two days later I had an envelope with a yard of the fabric in my mailbox! Unfortunately, I moved soon after and we could only  keep in touch by e-mail. One time, we talked about fabric and what we had just bought. I wrote that I got some Flea Market Fancy, Kelley replied she passed on that one. So I joked around, saying I'll just have to make her a Flea Market Fancy quilt then. And I did.


This is for her sweet baby girl June. Flea Market Fancy combined with the very first DS Quilts collection. The pattern is Sparkle Punch by Elizabeth Hartmann. The quilt is a bit on the small side, around 50 x 40 inches, but I figured it would be perfect for the stroller.

Back of the Flea Market Sparkle Punch

It's bound with the red and pink dots, which just went better with the pink back.


I wish I could give Kelley this in person, but I guess I'll just have to rely on the mail once again...

Have a nice weekend everyone. Linking up with TGIFF and crazy mom quilts.

11 comments:

  1. Hooray, if my quilt visiting rule holds, this means we will get to see you! This is so sweet which fits perfectly with you and Kelley too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is too cute! i didn't a similar one with less stars so i know the time that went into this beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet baby quilt you've made for your friend. I'm sure that she's going to love it and her little on will get lots of use out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet quilt! I love the stars. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful - such a lovely way to show off the pretty FMF prints.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that star block. YOu've done a great job Kerstin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Love stars and the fabric is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm SO touched. This is SO sweet. I love it. June will love it. It's PERFECT. I will treasure it forever!!!! Hugs Kerstin. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm SO touched. This is SO sweet. I love it. June will love it. It's PERFECT. I will treasure it forever!!!! Hugs Kerstin. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete