Monday, April 22, 2013

Bee in Berlin

Well, what can I say, I had an awesome weekend! Seriously, sewing-wise, it does not get any better. I met with my fellow bee members of the Bee Germany in Berlin. Aylin (who has a brand-spanking new blog, yay!) did a great job organizing everything. We rented a flat in Kreuzberg, which is a hip quarter smack in the middle of the city.

We sewed, laughed, chatted:

Hard at work
shopped for fabric:

Fabric shopping at the market on the Maybachufer

And I know this sounds cheesy, but I think we became real life friends real fast instead of just being virtual quilting buddies.

Thank goodness we are not acting like tourists!

Aylin shared the secret of her sleeping bag pouch with us. Unfortunately, I am no longer in possession of this pouch. My son grabbed this as soon as he saw it and a stuffed clown fish is now living in it (hopefully he won't get eaten by those cute Kokka hippos...)


 And you know what's even nice than getting be blocks in the mail? Collecting them in person!




 Unfortunately, not all of us could be there, but we are already planning the next two meetings...

3 comments:

  1. You are so right, Kerstin. I was really astonished how quick it became so normale hanging around with you all. It was fantastic... Great photos - I love especially the tourist one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks fun! How great to meet quilting friends! x Teje

    ReplyDelete