Thursday, March 14, 2013

Better late than never...

Back in February, I treated myself to a new book: Stitch Savvy by Deborah Moebes. I really wanted to add that to my collection when I saw countless reviews of it in blogland. So I just ordered it (and it wasn't even my birthday!). And I like it a lot! And of course I already made something from it, namely the knit top. Well, actually, I made two. But somehow, I just did not get around to take photos until today, but better late than never...

This one was my first try:


And since that turned out nicely, I made another one:


Even though I have a brand new pixie haircut (as in really short), there's no way I can smile as brightly as the model in the book, so I just cut my head off in those photos...

But back to the pattern: I had to fumble a bit with the neckline, but other than that, it's super easy to make. And I think the fumbling was due to the fact that I did not have elastic interfacing at hand and had to make do with normal, lightweight one. But I will definitely give this pattern another try, I'm thinking stripes the next time?!

I'm linking up with Live a Colorful Live for Really Random Thursday!

Live A Colorful Life

3 comments:

  1. These are AWESOME. I really like how they are somewhat fitted. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you use a serger for this? They both look great.

    ReplyDelete