In case you are wondering why this never appeard as a WIP on my blog, it was a total spur of the moment thing. So last school day was on Monday, right? The week before, I got the idea to do this. So I dropped of fabric and paint with the teachers on Tuesday. They returned the handprints back to me on Thurday. Thurday evening I sewed the log cabins. Friday evening was for assembling the quilt top, Saturday naptime was for basting, Saturday evening for quilting and binding. Pewh!
|That yellow hand is my son's|
The handprints are done on some Bella Solid (sorry, forgot the name), the logs are scraps, and the gray is Kona Cotton Coal. I went for an overall wonky look. I quilted with more or less straight lines and bound it with striped fabric.
I used some IKEA fabric for the back, it fits quite nicely for a pre-school class since there are little cars, tricycles, flowers, butterflies and suns all over.
The finished quilt measures 45 by 65 inches. The kids loved it, and I hope they'll spend many hours playing with it!