Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Monika made me do it!

Wow, it's been ages since I took part in Lee's WIP Wednesday link-up! But it's good to be back, because that means I'm actually sewing something quilting related...

I've been busy with bee blocks these past weeks. I had a little catching up to do for my San Diego Modern Quilt Guild bee, and then in January the Bee Germany started.

So I made some string blocks for Shanley...



...some Herringbone blocks for Sandi...


...and a variation of the Octagonal Orbs block for Monika.


Well, and now my latest project is sort of Monika's fault (not really her fault, I just felt heavily inspired!).  Her block was fun to make, and it's great for scraps, so this is what happened next:


And before I knew it, I was here:


The plan for this? A rainbow quilt with a total of nine blocks. So six more to go...



PS: Don't forget that you have still time to enter my giveaway to win a fat quarter stack of these lovelies:




9 comments:

  1. Those herringbone blocks are making me swoon! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's all yummy! But I love the octagonal blocks. A full rainbow quilt will be super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Your blocks are beautiful! Especially I like those circles! They will make a lovely quilt! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Octagonal Orbs are go great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your octagonal orbs. Really nice use of colour. I have been eyeing this pattern off on Oh Fransson! site but now feel inspired to try and tackle it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful blocks. I want to start a scrappy quilt. Can you tell me if there a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy - so many lovely blocks!

    ReplyDelete