Monday, January 28, 2013

Washi in knit

Sometimes, one can overcome one's fear pretty easily. Just face it head on and in time, you'll overcome it. Okay, I admit that my fear of sewing with knits is not life-altering or life-hindering. But my first few tries with knit fabrics were sobering, to say the least. But ever since I started sewing little jersey shirts for my boys, it somehow did not seem so intimidating. So after finishing a few successful projects with jersey, I was brave enough to tackle something for myself. And, tadah, it worked!


It's a Washi dress in some very colorful, very patterned jersey from my stash. I bought it about two years ago, never knowing if I would ever use it (I still had the fear then!). But the drape of it is great, and I really, really wanted to try the Washi pattern with a knit fabric. So if figured I just dive right in. Luckily, it worked out.

Have a good start into the new week! And don't forget that you still have until Friday to enter my giveaway!

I'm also linking up with Plum and June for the Monday link up!

6 comments:

  1. I love it! The colours are gorgeous! Well done for overcoming your fear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It worked out great. The fabric is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out perfect!! Looks so pretty with the red shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dress, very modern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress is super cute! I, too, am afraid of sewing knits, but I just got the washi pattern and I immediately thought "this would be so amazing in a knit." Did you have to make any changes to the sizing, since knits are obviously require less ease?

    ReplyDelete