Thursday, January 24, 2013

Long overdue

Hi there! I guess it's a little too late to wish you a happy new year now...

I did not really plan to be absent from this space for so long, it just sort of happened. We had a nice Christmas and a fun vacation over New Year's, and then sickness happened. This week is the first week my kids have been back in pre-school. Before that, they were either puking, coughing or feverish or all of that together. My husband also had the flu, I just had a cold (well, what can I say, a mother has to stay halfway healthy, no?). So I haven't really had the energy to blog as well. And I had so many plans! I wanted to write a full "this was my year 2012 in quilts" post. I wanted to write a post about my sewing goals 2013. I wanted to write a little bit about our vacation...

Okay, so here's an abbreviated version of it all:

2012 in quilts looked like this:


 
Our vacation looked like this:

We went to Oberstaufen, which is a small town in Southern Germany in the Alps. The kids just had a blast. We don't ski, but I bought two of those snow gliders.


Even my two year old went down the hill really fast. And loved it!



Mr. "almost 5 years old " had to go all the way up the hill...


And even I could be persuaded to a little sledding with my husband!


My two boys, watching the fireworks on New Year's Eve. My heart just melted...



I'm happy that we are back to normal this week. I did some sewing, mostly catching up on bee blocks. I had my second blogging anniversary yesterday, but I totally forgot. So you'll get a post about that tomorrow (with a giveaway!) Stay tuned! And now I'm doing it anyway: Happy (and healthy) New Year 2013!!!


 

1 comment:

  1. 13 quilts, wow, congrats....
    Framable lovely photo at the end there...

    ReplyDelete