Wednesday, December 12, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Under the Sea

Happy frosty Wednesday from the Winter Wonderland! No, I did not move to the North Pole, although it feels like it. We had about 10 inches of snow since the weekend, and the temperatures dropped to around 10 degrees F. So I thought I bring the ocean into my sewing room...


...aka, I started a new quilt. Yeah, I know, whatever happened to "I'm not starting anything new until something old is finished first!"? But ever since I cleaned my sewing room, this Kona Cotton Poseidon fat quarter bundle sat right there before me. Tempting me. Calling out my name. And I heard it. I had be debating with myself what to make with it, until I settled on a trip around the world quilt. Half of it is finished, but I plan on adding some solid sashing and maybe another one made out of squares.

The upper half is already pieced, stil need to do the rest...

The squares are 3 inches each, I found that makes the most out of a fat quarter. I plan on binding it in Kona Coral, to stay true to the ocean motto. If I'll finish this one on time, I might give it to my brother for Christmas. Can you believe that this is actually the first solids only quilt? What took me so long?

I'm linking up with Lee from freshly pieced for WIP Wednesday!




4 comments:

  1. Wow, a lot of movement with those colors.... Can't wait to see the finished project.... Hope you get to use it as a Christmas gift if you want to....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great It´s dificult to choose right blue fabric to match together, but this FQ Poseidon is really cool. It could be also winter-theme quilt because of the light blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful quilt! I hope you get it finished in time for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see more solids quilts in your future, congrats on the giveaway at Lily's Quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete