Friday, December 21, 2012

Just in time

I am absolutely positive that the world will not stop turning today. That said, I'm in need for Christmas presents, since there will be a Christmas celebration in three days. So it's good that I finished one this week, isn't it?


This quilt will be for a sweet little boy, my nephew to be precise. Okay, maybe I planned this as a gift for his birthday, which was in November, and maybe I did not finish it in time... (can you tell I'm slightly embarrassed over here?)

The fabric is 10 little things by Jenn Ski. This is actually just making use of leftovers. I had a layer cake and I made this quilt with it, and now I used up all the rest. I had to piece the longest strips of the log cabins together, but one can't really tell.  I paired it with Kona Cotton in white. The inspiration for it came from here.


The back is pieced together with some Kona Cotton Medium Grey and some cars and trucks fabric. This one was a lucky find at my local quilt shop, it was a remnant that turned out pretty big once I unfolded it at home (just grabbed it on the go and did not pay attention to it's measurements in the store).


Bound and quilted in orange.

I guess I really squeezed the best out of this layer cake, no? Have a nice weekend, everyone!!!

I'm linking up with TGIFF, which is hosted by Karen today, and Amandajean of crazy mom quilts!







12 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt! I love how you quilted it and the orange binding is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Kerstin! I love the colours and simple pattern! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I love the concentric diamonds quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful quilting, Kerstin, I want to learn how to do this. Frohe Weihnachten :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. The backing fabric is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So brilliant! Love the design and the binding fabric looks awesome :) I really like the quilting too, looks so great on the back as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great finish - and a wonderful gift for your nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!!Great Colors, I like the alternating squares

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your quilt!! The owls are awesome! I also love the quilting:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your quilt!! The owls are awesome! I also love the quilting:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great! I really like the way you have quilted it! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt is lovely and I love pieced backs. Your quilting design really compliments your piecing. Thanks for linking up on my blog today. Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete