Monday, November 26, 2012

Winter Washi

Happy Monday on this very rainy, very bleak morning! I'm a bit sleep deprived today, my little one decided to wake up at 11 pm, 1 am and then at 5 am he was done with sleeping. And I thought it gets better the older they get. Oh well, it is called the terrible twos after all...

I did some more selfish sewing last week. A dress, to be precise. I'm a huge fan of Boden, I think they have very cute stuff, but I'm not a fan of their prices. I really liked this corduroy dress, but that's something that is so doable. So I did!


 I had this corduroy that was sitting in my stash. I was undecided what to do with it, thinking about a skirt. But after my Washi tunic turned out so well, I wanted to try the dress version. I did modfy it a bit, the skirt was a bit too full for my taste. I took away about 1.5 inches of fabric on each side. The sleeves are from the Tova pattern, I had that pattern out and it was a perfect fit for the Washi, no modifications needed. I was a bit skeptical about the cutout on the bodice, but that was actually no problem at all.

Here's a closer look at the fabric:

It's not as yellow as it looks, it really is more tan than anything else

Together with dark brown boots, it's another nice outfit for fall.



I hope you have a good, sunny start of the week!

I'm linking up with Megan from Canoe Ridge Creations for sew modern Monday and Beth of Plum and June!
Plum and June


9 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! I'm just getting back into garment making after a year of only quilty stuff - I'm making a tova. That looks like a pattern I would definitely like to make - if my tova works out that is ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm debating now to tell or not to tell - I am one of those kids who got up regularly at around 6 am until the end of high school, I jsut couldn't sleep any longer. I was my parents sunday nightmare complaining on Sunday mornings usually around 6:30 about needing breakfast and needing it right now ... and waking them up again around 7:30 "can you play somethin with me?!" Well at some point I was able to keep myself occupied until 9 or 10 ... but that took some years.
    So I just hope yours will get to realise that sleeping in until at least 8 is very good and makes you a favourite.

    Ohh I like corduroy things, skirts trousers, dresses, they are so versatle, with fine shoes and a nice blouse they look like made for an evening out, with winter boots and a sweater they turn into very practical day to day things..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great dress. I have no clothes sewing talent - I can never get things to fit right. I think I will stick to quilts and small items, they are much less aggravating for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with your dress - I'm really tempted now to try and make one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Washi dress - the fine corduroy is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - it looks fantastic! Actually, I like your whole outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, Kerstin! The dress looks great!

    ReplyDelete