Monday, November 12, 2012

Washi Monday

Happy Monday, I hope everyone has a good start into the new week. I started mine with a little bit of fabric shopping, what better way is there?

Yesterday, my kids took a really good nap, and since the house was clean and the laundry folded, I did a little bit of selfish sewing. I bought the Washi pattern the day Rae came out with it, and then it sat there in my sewing room and I never got around to making it. I also had two yards of Anna Maria Horner's Loulouthi fabric sitting around.

Time + pattern + fabric =


A new tunic for me!

Yes, it could have gone terribly wrong to use to good fabric at the first try, but thankfully, it didn't. I'm happy with how it turned out. It fits well, I only had to take in the sides a bit. There was a bit too much fabric there and from the side I looked quite pregnant (which is never nice when you are actually not!)
It's a great pattern, well written and sews up fast. I attached the facing on the outside (okay, I admit that was by mistake, but I like the look of it!)

Together with a mustard cardi, burgundy corduroy pants and boots, it's a nice fall outfit!



I think I should warn you already, you might see a few of those popping up here over the next few weeks...

I'm linking up with Megan of Canoe Ridge Creations for sew modern monday!


12 comments:

  1. this is so lovely and so colorful! i paired my washi tunic with a yellow cardigan as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful, Kerstin! First I thought you are going for holidays, but with the cardigan it's perfect for winter, too! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not selfish sewing at all... Necessary. Mom's do so much for others...
    Love the positioning of the pattern on the fabric. It looks great and great on you, love the whole outfit... Love to see more. Great Monday to you too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute tunic! It goes perfectly with the cardigan and pants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would have never known the facing to the outside wasn't intentional; it looks great that way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tunic and great outfit - I always admire those who can make clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute outfit! Your tunic turned out great. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, Kerstin, this is stunning! Love the print you chose. Looks great. Thanks for the heads up on the pattern. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! I keep thinking about getting this pattern. I think I may just cave in if I keep seeing it around. You did a great job on your version!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it and with the facing out, it's a hint of the Peter Pan collars that are so popular right now! Look at you being all stylish on accident. Great job! And I love it with the cardi, cords and boots.

    ReplyDelete