Wednesday, September 19, 2012

WIP Wednesday: What, Wednesday already?

Wow, I can't believe how fast this week flew by! I did not really get a lot done this past week, we've all been sick with a cold. First the kids, and then my husband and me.  I'm practically sneezing while I type this...

So here is what I had in the works:


I finished my Flea Market Fancy Sparkle Punch quilt top. This one will be a gift for my friend Kelley from the San Diego Modern Quilt Guild. She's expecting her second baby soon. There's actually a cute story why I made this quilt pattern with this fabric, but I'll tell you once it's finished. 

And true to form, I just had to start a new quilt (not that I have two quilts basted and ready to quilt, and about five or six other quilt tops in the works... ahem...). I got a charm pack of Vintage Modern by Bonnie & Camille a while ago, and it just sat on my shelf, calling out to me. So I pulled it out and started playing...


I don't know where this is headed, I plan to add some more solids as background (I'm thinking Kona Cotton Peridot and Ash). Maybe this will be a donation to the UCSD NICU?

I'm linking up with Lee from freshly pieced for WIP Wednesday!



9 comments:

  1. I love this quilt! This pattern is on my to do list but i'm not quite there yet. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both projects look great! I love stars too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sparkle punch quilt top looks great! I'm sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! The Sparkle Punch pattern is a favorite of mine and you have done it beautifully in the flea market fancy fabric:)
    The Vintage Modern is coming together nicely, too. It will be fun to see where you go with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your punch quilt and love this new quilt you're working on. I'm a sucker for stars. Just found your blog and will be back again to see your progress. Love these quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots, lots of colorful stars. Doesn't get much better than that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Sparkle PUnch! I made one, too and it could be my favorite quilt in the world!!

    ReplyDelete