Friday, September 28, 2012

Sharing is fun!

I can finally share this quilt with you!


 I made it a while ago (in April, to be precise) as a gift for my blogging friend Melissa. We've never met in real life, but I think I can safely say we've become friends in blog life. So when I found out she's having a baby (her third!), it was no question that I would make her little one a quilt.  She really liked the design of this quilt, so I just made another one suitable for a boy.


Well, baby was born in April, quilt was finished in April, so why only share it now you ask? Yes, it sometimes does take so long to get to the post office. I'm not proud of it, but sometimes it seems to be a mountainous task to pack a quilt in a box, bring it to the post office and mail it off. But now she got it, and likes it, yeah!

I used a charm pack of American Jane's Punctuation, paired with Kona Snow. 


For the back, I used some midnight blue shirting, together with a panel, also from American Jane (I think it's form Look and Learn, but I'm not 100% sure...)


 It's bound in some green Kona from my stash, but I can't really remember what the shade is, sorry!


Hope everyone has a great weekend, I will be spending mine to nurse my sick little boys back to health...

I'm linking up with crazy mom quilts and TGIFF!




13 comments:

  1. It's so cute! Especially the quilting--it adds so much to it! Hope the boys get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Mailing a quilt is sometimes just as hard as making it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful quilt! Happy weekend! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt hanging on the shed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and a wonderful gift! Don't worry, you're not the only one that has a hard time getting to the post office. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Those are such fun fabrics - that backing will be especially fun as he gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great little quilt, I also love how it hangs on the shed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! And how thoughtful of you! I'm sure she loves it to pieces. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet little quilt!

    Hope your kidlets are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really cool! Great colours. Lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a big fan of the panel, but you've made a great use of it here. Fantastic idea to use it on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic job, I love the simple design. What child won't love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We DO love it! He loves it so much he rolls right off it now. :) Kerstin, I know I've said it before, but I'm really touched that you made this for Buzz. This is something I will treasure until he understands how much HE needs to treasure it, and then he'll treasure it forever. :) It's just so perfect for him.
    Thank you!
    I love the picture of the quilt on the little shed, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete